If you are in crisis and you live in Toronto/GTA, please call any of the following 24-hour crisis lines. Please take care of yourself.
Below are non-emergency free counselling services in Toronto:
One free counselling session at Family Service Toronto at 202-128A Sterling Rd. (416) 595-9618.
Sherbourne’s Mental Health Team offers free-of-charge, walk-in, mental health counselling every Tuesday afternoon. 333 Sherbourne Street. Call before (416) 324-4180
If there is an extreme heat/cold alert in the city of Toronto, please head for a safe place:
• Metro Hall, 55 John St. (24 hours)
• East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave. (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
• North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St. (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
• Driftwood Community Centre, 4401 Jane St. (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
• Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
• McGregor Community Centre, 2231 Lawrence Ave. E. (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
• Centennial Community Centre, 1967 Ellesmere Rd. (11 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
Below non-emergency (probably with waiting list) counselling in Toronto:
Free/low cost psychotherapy in Toronto, usually by students from different institutions.
Gestalt Institute of Toronto http://gestalt.on.ca/clinic/
Toronto Institute for Relational Psychotherapy http://www.tirp.ca/therapy.html
The Centre for Training in Psychotherapy http://ctp.net/ctp-referral-service/
The Living Institute http://www.livinginstitute.org/living-institute-student-clinic
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto – Psychology Clinic http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/psychservices/Adult_Services/index.html
Toronto Psychoanalytic Society & Institute (MDs are OHIP covered)https://torontopsychoanalysis.com/finding-therapy/
Toronto Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis https://ticp.on.ca/finding-therapy/