- Engaging Individuals and Their Support Systems in Navigating the MAiD Journey (Laurier University)
- Advanced IFS Training: Birthing the Wise Woman: A Self-Led Menopause Journey
- Advanced IFS Training: Anxiety, Depression and Shame: Helaing the Burdens
- Advanced Training – Internal Family Systems: IFS: Farther Reaches of IFS with Derek Scott – IFSCA.CA
- Advanced Training: EMDR 2.0: An Enhanced Version of EMDR Therapy with Ad De Jongh, Ph.D. and Suzy Matthijssen, Ph.D at EMDR Center of the Rockies
- Internal Family Systems – Skills and Competencies with Derek Scott – IFSCA.CA
- Advanced Training: Strengthening the Authentic Adult Self: EMDR Therapy with Adult Attachment/Developmental Trauma by Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP and Ann Potter, Ph.D.
- EMDR Basic Training through EMDR Center of the Rockies by Tamra Hughes, MA, LPC, an EMDRIA Approved Trainer, EMDRIA Approved Consultant and EMDR Certified Therapist.
- Masters of Social Work -Wilfried Laurier University
- DBT-PTSD: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy For Complex PTSD developed by Martin Bohus, MD, in close cooperation with Marsha Linehan. It is specifically tailored to treat complex PTSD related to childhood abuse. Training through Centre for MindBody Health.
- Bachelor of Social Work – University of Manitoba
- Contemplative Psychotherapy Diploma from Institute of Traditional Medicine in conjunction with Nalanda Institute for Contemplative Science in New York – includes certificates of Mindfulness-based and compassion-based psychotherapies.
- Contemplative End of Life Care (Death Doula) Certificate from Institute of Traditional Medicine
- Applied Mindfulness Specialist Certificate from University of Toronto (2012)
- Transformative Mindfulness Practitioner Program from University of Toronto/Lamp on The Path
- Prior Learning Assessment Program from The College of Midwives of Ontario (2001)
- Apprenticeship – Midwifery – Ixmucane Birth Centre in La Antigua Guatemala (2000)
- Chartered Herbalist Diploma from Dominion College/Owner of Health Food store/facilitator of workshops for women related to physical/emotional wellness through self-care and herbal medicine (1998).
*Links of educational institutions are meant to be helpful for potential clients or colleagues. Some programs have changed/evolved throughout the years.
Ana Montero, MSW, RSW can be reached at wiseheartmedicine @ gmail . com